I've been caring for my goldfish for almost a year now so i'm still fairly noobish at this hobby. I'm still very hesitant in trying to diagnose my own fish as I tend to think the worse. I would love any help on the diagnosis. I've read on how flashing and yawning may be signs of possible parasites, but I'm not even sure where to begin on knowing what type of parasite or how to treat it. Also; would I have to quarantine just my Oranda or should I treat my moors as well?
Here's a video of them I took just a few hours ago: (Poor Atlas and Peabody are just being mowed down by Andromeda's sporadic swimming. :c)
Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level (tank): 0ppm
* Nitrite Level (tank): 0ppm
* Nitrate level (Tank): 0ppm
* Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines): 7.6
* Ammonia Level (Tap): 0ppm
* Nitrite Level (Tap): 1.0ppm
* Nitrate level (Tap):5ppm
* Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines): 7.6
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?: API Freshwater Master test kit (Drops)
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?: AquaClear 70
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
* Water temperature?: I'm sorry I really am not sure. I haven't gotten a thermometer yet, I'm estimating around 70 degrees.
* How often do you change the water and how much? At least 70% every one to two weeks or when I see that my Amonia level is no longer at 0ppm (I test at least once a week)
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 4 days ago
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 55g Since the beginning of June
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 3fish, Oranda 4in, Black moor 1.5in
* What do you feed your fish and how often Wardley Crumbles sinking pellets pre-soaked once or twice daily.
* Any new fish added to the tank? No
* Any medications added to the tank? No
* List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.): There was an Ich breakout about a month ago Completely covered the Oranda and a small bit on my two moors
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Nothing besides the ich about a month ago.
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? The Oranda is a fatty and has no problem eating. I have noticed all three of them sit at the bottom but its usually for a short amount of time and then they're back to being active again. When I first got my Oranda he played in the current of my filter which also led me to believe was Flashing and stopped that for awhile. But periodically he just darts along side the tank.
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.: The only problem I have had is when I discovered my Oranda was completely covered in what i thought was ich and my two moors only with a few bit of spots. I treated the water quickly with the Ich remedy treating the water as instructed removing the carbon from the filter and then doing a very large water change once I saw that the spots had disappeared which was not even two days later.