I was doing a water change and when I poured the water back in Fern started to flip over. I stopped pouring and then she kept flipping over There were bubles streaming from her mouth and gills. It continued for a long time, well over a minute. I wasn't pouring hard by the way. She stopped now and is okay apart from the occasional bottom sitting.
Also Fern has a history of bottom sitting. She does it occasionally but Numis never does. I think she is a little prone to it.
Here are the tank results.
Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level (tank): Just over 0.25
* Nitrite Level (tank)Less than 0.3mg/l
* Nitrate level (Tank)Test Kit doesn’t test that
* Ammonia Level (Tap):0
* Nitrite Level (Tap)Less than 0.3mg/l
* Nitrate level (Tap) Test Kit doesn’t test that
* Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 5
* Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? Tetra Test Laborett
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Filters built into the hood of the tank. I don’t know what type they are
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Stess Coat Water conditioner
* Water temperature? 18 degrees Celsius
* How often do you change the water and how much? Most weeks 3 to two times week. About 25%
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Today I did a 50%
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 4 months and it is 25g
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 5 inch goldfish
* What do you feed your fish and how often? 6 days a week, two times a day, a pinch or two of pellet food.
* Any new fish added to the tank? No
* Any medications added to the tank? No
* List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.)Fern tends to bottom sit. I don’t think she has SBD, she just reacts to things more than other fish. Eg. When I moved them from quarantine to this tank 4 months ago she was bottom sitting regularly for the rest of the week.
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Fern scraped her side on something a week ago and there was a wound, but it went away.
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Fern tends to bottom sit. I don’t think she has SBD, she just reacts to things more than other fish. Eg. When I moved them from quarantine to this tank 4 months ago she was bottom sitting regularly for the rest of the week.
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. I have added a tiny amount of salt twice since I begun the tank.
* You can really help us to identify with the concern more accurately if you post some pictures and a short video. She has stopped the behaviour and I cannot see any external problems right now.