* Ammonia Level: 0
* Nitrite Level:0
* Nitrate level: 5
* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines):8.0
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines): 7.2
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
* Water temperature? 80F
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? tank is 90 gals, been running for 3 years
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? It a sump that came with the tank (Not sure- it just says made by Little Giant Pump Co, type U21B )
* How often do you change the water and how much? Usually 50% weekly, last few months it’s been every 2-3 weeks, did a 50% last Saturday and 60% on Thursday
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Thursday, 60%
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 comets, 4-5 inches excluding tail
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
* What do you feed your fish and how often? daily, homemade gel food, NLS pellets (though cutting that out now), shrimp, blanched greens, frozen bloodworm-brine shrimp mix
* Any new fish added to the tank? No
* Any medications added to the tank? No
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
In May: a few weeks gel food with metro, 3 days for 4 weeks jungle ant-parasite food
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? difficulty swimming down due to floatiness; skinnyess despite eating; occasional headstanding and shimmying (body sways side to side when staying still)
My comets have been having ongoing issues with floatiness and skinnyness. Feeding jungle anti-parasite food last time helped but its becoming an issue again. All the fish are still skinny (they filled out a little bit after the round of jungle food but not much). My dad has been feeding the fish (NLS pellets) for me during the week for the past 2-3 months- he says he has not seen any floating even with the pellets. This week however, the one goldie is getting floaty again after feeding. (With NLS it starts 5 min after feeding vs with gel food it is delayed to a few hours after feeding). Also, now the other two are having occasional head standing (I see this at night mostly).
These were taken tonight with the lights out (sorry, I don't know how to turn the videos)
I’m feeding gel food now which has helped, but the one fish still floats a few hours after feeding. This morning, it started 2 hours after feeding and is still happening now. He is usually ok again the next morning. He doesn't get floaty with the blanched spinach/greens or frozen bloodworm-brine shrimp (which I feed on the weekends).
I’m not that good with diagnosis so wanted some input on what this is as well as what to do. Is it an internal issue- still a parasite, maybe mixed with a bacterial problem (b/c of the headstanding)?
I’ve put in an order for repashy last week and I’ve also got an order of flubendazole flake food (for my skinny betta but also for the goldies) on the way if that will help. I was also thinking of doing prazi+salt again.
Meds I have on hand now:
Metro powder (have a bit left over from last time)
Thanks- appreciate any input/thoughts