Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level 0
* Nitrite Level 0
* Nitrate level .5
* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8 Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
* Water temperature? 76
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 47
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? AQ 110 and Eheim
* How often do you change the water and how much? Once a week, 50 %
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Last change last Saturday, am changing today
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 fish, 3.5 inch, 2.5 and 2 inch
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
* What do you feed your fish and how often? Once a day
* Any new fish added to the tank? No
* Any medications added to the tank? No
* List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.) Ich outbreak on June 30
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Ich outbreak, currently treating for worms
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Cloudy eyes, excess slime coat or coating around right side of face
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Bottom hovering and hiding but not sitting
I have a black ranchu who started developing cloudy eye a few days ago and have been keeping an eye on it. This morning however, the fish has been hiding a bit and hovering near the bottom. On June 30, the tank had ich and I treated that. Previously I also had a fish die and it was suspected that I had worms and have been treating with the Jungle AP gel food mix thing. I'll feed the fish for four days, then feed green beans for two to prevent constipation. I did notice yesterday the fish had white stringy poop but was unable to collect it. I did just feed the fish prior to posting and he is out and about eating and poking around.
It's interesting to note that this fish is from the same batch of ranchu's as my two other ranchu's. The other two developed cloudy eye also but one died from a cut and the other died from ich. The first two fish were bought in mid January and this guy was bought in the first week of June but were all from the same shipment. This fish was always kept in a separate tank from the first two ranchu's once I got them home.
Because of the white stringy poop and hovering, I'm beginning to suspect something else is bothering him.