* Ammonia Level (tank): 0
* Nitrite Level (tank) 0
* Nitrate level (Tank) 5
* Ammonia Level (Tap): 0
* Nitrite Level (Tap) 0
* Nitrate level (Tap) 0
* Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.0
* Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? Api drops
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aquaclear 30 + tetra whisper 30
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Aqua plus
* Water temperature? 76
* How often do you change the water and how much? 50% once a week
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Yesterday 50%
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 15 gallon running for close to 7 years
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 goldfish about 4 inches
* What do you feed your fish and how often? Nutra fin sinking pellets; homemade gelfood; egg whites as a treat. He is fed once a day and he has one day of fasting every week
* Any new fish added to the tank? No
* Any medications added to the tank? I added salt yesterday 1 teaspoon per gallon
* List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.) none
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? he is developping red spots on his sides.
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? He was a little lethargic in the last few days but he does this often, actually he has done this since he was a little guy.
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. He had a few rounds of salt and prazi but this was years ago. In the last 3 years he hasn't been treated with anything.
* You can really help us to identify with the concern more accurately if you post some pictures and a short video.
Fern will be 7 yrs old in a few months and he is stunted. He has issues with constipation due to the way his body is formed but that is easily cared for by his pea containing gel food. In the last few days he has been resting more but as mentioned before he has always had periods of times when he is lethargic. Yesterday I noticed red spots on his side. These came out overnight since I always take some time to examine him when I turn the lights on and he had nothing on him the day before. I did a 50% water change and added the salt. Since then he is very actve, swimming around happily and searching for food. But this morning he has more spots on his other side and on his gill cover. He is still happy and feeding very well. No clamped fins at all,
Not sure what this is so I hope someone does.
I'm joining a bad video and a few pictures, sorry but I only have my iphone as a camera for now.
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http:%2F%2Fvid634.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fuu70%2Fcaitie_bucket%2FIMG_0198_zps731476ed.mp4">