Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level 0
* Nitrite Level 0
* Nitrate level 10-20
* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 6.5
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
* Water temperature? 75*
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 75 gallons running for 9 months.
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aquaclear 70 filter and rena Filstar xp3 filter
* How often do you change the water and how much? Once a week at 20-30% each time
I do a larger then normal water change on Sunday at about 50% water change. Before putting the water in, I put the amquel+ in like normal and filled the tank. It was a larger water change because the tank has gotten a little dirty. The next day I noticed the dojo loach had a couple white spots on he's head but I figured he might have gotten hit by the gravel vac. He likes to hid in the gravel and I have hit him a couple times because I did not see him. The next day my goldfish was completly white and had a fuzzy/flim look to him. I treated with the salt and stress coat thinking it was a bad case of ick, but he died the next day.
The dojo has gotten worse and I am not sure what to do. They were both eating and swimming normaly until the water change. Is it possible my tap water has something that caused this or was the tank just too dirty to begin with? The water tested fine and is nice and clear. I have noticed some Planaria worms swimming around and that is why I did the larger tank cleaning. Any suggestions on what this is would be greatly appreciated.
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 4
* How many fish in the tank and their size? I had 1 Ryunkin about 6 inches head to tail and 1 dojo loach about 8 inches lon.g
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Amquel+
* What do you feed your fish and how often? Pro-gold twice a day.
* Any new fish added to the tank? No
* Any medications added to the tank? Added aquarium salt and a little stress coat yesterday.
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. I have not had to treat them with anything until the salt and stress coat.
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? The fish's skin is peeling off and its whole body is white. The dojo is barely alive though.
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? They were fine until a day ago.