In nature, worms in the same as other insect larvae constitute the main diet of numerous fish. It is good to alternate artificial and natural food to avoid deficiencies or overdoses. Blood-worms are a perfect source of natural food. They are sold in blocks or bubble pack or even freeze dried. The freeze dried is convenient for feeding surface fish because as they are dry, they float to the top. Usually they get eaten before they swell with water. There is also a misconception that they are worms, when in fact they are the larvae of a mosquito(Chironomus sp.) Pros *This food is rich in protein and can be easily obtained *Thanks to the concentration of proteins and hemoglobin's, worms play an important role in breeding. With rasboras for example, distributing worms in the evening will result in spawning the next morning when the aquarium is lit. *the fish will love it! Cons *Packed in trays, blood-worms can only be kept in refrigerators for a few days *it is common to hear people say aquarist are allergic to bloodworms they can make you itch and give you red spots *some fish may not eat bloodworms, for example cichlids from the African lakes
Malachite green and formalin have been used as a multi-cure for fish diseases It is particularly effective against ich, velvet disease, skin and gill fluke and bacterial diseases like fin and tail rot. It can be used for poor water quality, traumatic injuries and overcrowding problems as well as nutritional deficiencies. It also has anti fungal properties which means it can be used to protect fish eggs from getting fungus. Formalin is a disinfectant which is used to kill off microorganisms. When it is used together with malachite green it has a far greater effect ( most medication sold has both MG and Formalin). How to use: 5ml per 20 liter was recommended repeat after 3 days if necessary a water change is before commencing is a must If using against ich, you must leave the filtration in order to destroy the parasite's life cycle. Also you should test for ammonia and nitrates just in case there is a spike. Important Note: *it is important to wear protective gloves and not inhale the fumes of formalin *both these products are poisons and may even be carcinogenic. *malachite green is reactive with light so UV lights should be turned off for treatment. it is also reactive to activated carbon *formalin is reportedly toxic to tetras, catfish and loaches so BEWARE *finally don't use this product for fish that's going to be consumed( it is a poison) from my experience this product sold as multi-cure has proved to be literally a life saver my fish was very sick from spawning activity but was luckily saved and doing well the day after i used the product it was also useful against fin rot so i would recommend it to anyone!