I've written a few reviews on eheim filters so I'll hold back on the gushing compliments and simply review the 2215 which arrived yesterday and is set up and running like a charm.
Every part from the motor to the intake tubes, spray bar right down to the suction cups are of unsurpassed quality.
The filter is running a 40 gallon close to my bed, and it's absolutely dead silent.
You can't go wrong with the 2215 (Model Classic 350) this time proven, efficient system holds a ton of filer media, which is included, two media separation grill plates, more than enough 1/2 inch tubing - and everything you need for easy set up right out of the box.
Some fast specs:
* Holds one gallon of filter media (included)
* 163 GPH
* 15 Watts
* Fine and coarse filter pads (included)
The design hasn't changed in 30 years - no reason to fix what isn't broken.
However, there are a few nice improvements:
* Safety check valves for both in put and out put - great for leak proof disconnects.
* Improved silicon head gasket - should out last the old rubber ones by decades.
* Rubber feet on the bottom = zero vibration even on hardwood floors.
The instructions are pretty vague, it's best to just follow the diagram. Those experienced with canister filters should have no problems whatsoever.
A few things to remember:
1) It's not pointed out in the manual, but you'll need to cut two 3-4" inches of tubing to attach the safety valves at both in take and out put.
2) There are some very good set up videos on Youtube -or you can always call eheim toll free - their support is terrific.
The 2215 can handle up to 92 gallons, but I like to at least double up, so this was the perfect choice for my 40 gallon.
Like all eheim filters, the media fits so well and tight and the water travels from bottom to top - so there's virtually no water bypass.
This means optimum filtration and excellent water quality on the return.
If this is your first eheim purchase or if you're like me and have a few eheim filters - the 2215 is a time proven best bet.
It's a filter that just won't meet your expectations but exceed them.
The only con with the classic line of filters is that they don't have a flow control. However if you feel the current is too strong just put a filter foam sleeve around the intake.
It's on sale at Amazon for $99, no tax and free shipping - at this price it's an absolute steal.