Malachite green and formalin have been used as a multi-cure for fish diseases
It is particularly effective against ich, velvet disease, skin and gill fluke and
bacterial diseases like fin and tail rot.
It can be used for poor water quality, traumatic injuries and overcrowding problems as well as nutritional deficiencies.
It also has anti fungal properties which means it can be used to protect fish eggs
from getting fungus.
Formalin is a disinfectant which is used to kill off microorganisms. When it is used
together with malachite green it has a far greater effect ( most medication sold
has both MG and Formalin).
How to use:
5ml per 20 liter was recommended
repeat after 3 days if necessary
a water change is before commencing is a must
If using against ich, you must leave the filtration in order to destroy the parasite's
Also you should test for ammonia and nitrates just in case there is a spike.
*it is important to wear protective gloves and not inhale the fumes of formalin
*both these products are poisons and may even be carcinogenic.
*malachite green is reactive with light so UV lights should be turned off for
treatment. it is also reactive to activated carbon
*formalin is reportedly toxic to tetras, catfish and loaches
*finally don't use this product for fish that's going to be consumed( it is a poison)
from my experience
this product sold as multi-cure has proved to be literally a life saver
my fish was very sick from spawning activity but was
luckily saved and doing well the day after i used the product
it was also useful against fin rot
so i would recommend it to anyone!