Jump to content
  • entries
  • comments
  • views

Rethinking the tank...



Hello! :)

So, as you probably know, I have been waiting a long time to get a tank. Another tank. A 40 gallon probably :) but I've been talking with my mom, and we've been thinking. There is a chance we could be moving soon (still house-hunting), and as I'm sure all of you know, that's a lot of work. On top of finding a house, packing, unpacking, redecorating, painting, recarpeting...(etcetera, etcetera...), there isn't going to be tons of time for cycling a new tank and all that. At least not for a year or so, when everything's all settled. So if we move, we're thinking of getting a 45 or 50g to replace the 25, and getting maybe one more fish. I like this idea, because that means i could use my current filter (already cycled) until the other filter(s) is/are cycled, and then only have to WC one tank a couple times a week rather than two. :) Because let's face it, if we move, there just won't be time to do the work involved in getting another tank.

Yeah, yeah, a lot of you (especially the subscribers!) know that my mom has come up with so many different ideas, and I keep saying different things about whether I'm getting a tank or not, what size I might get, when I might be getting it... But we haven't really decided yet, to be honest. There's still only an 80% chance of me actually getting a new tank. But hey, a girl can dream, right? ;) this is still just an idea, and I know I keep sounding so sure that I'm getting a tank, but to be honest, I'm really not so sure. And the more I talk to my mom about it, the more I'm realizing that ;) . I just wanted to put this out there so that if I don't end up getting another tank, you guys aren't all like "Whaaaaa??" :P

So anyways, my point is that This new tank idea is causing so much tension between me and my mom, and I'm not really sure if it's worth it anymore, to be honest. We'll see :) I'm not even sure If I want one anymore after this. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

I still have little B&E to keep me company! ;)

So keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best! :)


Ps- could somebody link me to that thread about what to do with the tank while painting the house, and how to keep the fumes outta the tank? :)

Thanks :)


Recommended Comments

  • Regular Member

It's hard to try and plan ahead with so much going on, but I'm sure you will be able to eventually upgrade :)

Link to comment
  • Regular Member

Eventually, I'm just not sure if now is the right time. :) I'm starting to think about how I'm going to be stressed balancing schoolwork and water changes, not to mention cycling the tank, and keeping it clean and such.?

Link to comment
  • Regular Member

Your muppets are awesome, and you should definitely enjoy them to the fullest. Even if you end up waiting several years for a larger tank, it will still be awesome after all that time. I have some experience in this matter. :)

Link to comment
  • Regular Member

Thanks Courtney :heart

I told my mom that i don't need another tank, since it's causing so many problems. She told me that I can't get another tank, but when we move, she wants me to upgrade to a 45 or a 50 :)

Link to comment
  • Regular Member

That's a very sensible way to go, I think, Mandie.

Enjoy E&B in their smaller tank for now. I bigger tank is more work, and two tanks is even more opportunity for stress...cuz as you know, goldies are expert at finding things for us to worry about.

Also, I've found that patience is really a good thing to have around keeping fish.


Link to comment
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...